2022 Tournament Rules & Regulations
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME THROUGH THE COMPLETION OF THE CAPTAINS MEETING ON FRIDAY, July 29th, 2022. ANGLERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR STAYING CURRENT ON ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS THROUGH THE COMPLETION OF THE TOURNAMENT ITSELF.
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME THROUGH THE COMPLETION
OF THE CAPTAINS MEETING ON FRIDAY, July 29th, 2022. ANGLERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR STAYING CURRENT ON
ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS THROUGH THE COMPLETION OF THE TOURNAMENT ITSELF.
1. This is an Angler Tournament. All anglers must be paid and registered by the night of
Captain’s meeting, Friday, July 29th, 2022. No refund of entry fees.
2. Eligible Species: Redfish, Snook and Trout (catfish and other species, eligible for sub-categories)
3. Boundaries are open to all of Tampa Bay, North of the Skyway.
4. You may launch from anywhere in Tampa Bay, however there will be breakfast at Hula
Bay from 7:00am-8:00am for all those who want!
5. Lines in the water at 8:00am. (Boats are permitted to bait fish, prior to 8:00am.)
6. Lines out of water by 1:00pm.
7. All fishing and angling methods must comply with current Federal, State fishing
8. If you are NOT on a USCG Captain’ed Boat, you WILL need your FL Fishing License.
9. All fish that are not in season will be photographed and safely released.
10. Fish must be caught by hook and line. Hand held rods and reels only.
11. Angler must hook, fight and bring fish into boat or kayak.
a. If you are on a guided boat, your Captain does not count as an angler of your
team. He/She, should not be casting, reeling or doing anything but baiting your
hook. Your team max is 4.
12. Eligible fish may be caught by boat or wading from boat.
13. This is a scorecard tournament. You will be provided with a scorecard and sharpy.
14. You MUST be in line at Hula Bay at 2:00pm with your scorecard and photo proof.
15. All fish will be measured (by photo) on the tournament provided DEKit RULER with
the nose of fish flush against the ZERO and a pinched tail.
a. Picture needs to include the entire fish and clearly show the overall length.
b. ALL NUMBERS ON THE RULER MUST BE VISIBLE. IF PICTURES OF
THE FISH ARE NOT TAKEN PROPERLY, IT WILL NOT BE SCORED.
16. Slam length will be calculated as follows:
a. Largest Redfish + Largest Snook + Largest Trout = Your Teams Slam Length.
17. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be your second largest redfish. If that doesn’t
break the tie, tie breaker will be second largest snook. If that STILL doesn’t break the tie,
tie breaker will be second largest trout. In the ridiculous chance that the tie is still not
broken, tie break will be third largest redfish and so on…
18. Winners in the Slam Category will win the following prizes:
a. 1 st Place: 2 Custom Fishing Rods built by Crosby Custom Rods (Value $500)
b. 2 nd Place: Cooler filled with Seltzers and Swag – Mike’s Hard (Value $250)
c. 3 rd Place: Marina Supply Basket & Hula Bay Gift Card (Value $150)
19. There is one additional sub categories for the tournament: Calcutta Division
a. Calcutta Division: Largest Catfish (Same Photo Rules as Slam Apply)
20. Tournament Winners Must Be Present at the trophy ceremony to receive awards and
prizes. We are not mailing anything! Be here or be square!
21. Afloat in Tampa Bay is a Beer Barge, loaded with lots of ale and seltzer, served to you by
two of the finest mermaids in the water. The drinks will be wet, and your slam can
grow from your visit…
i. 27°52.751'N * 82°32.448'W
22. Beer Barge Slam Raffle – For those that make the time to swing by the barge will be
given a special raffle ticket. After all teams have checked in post tournament, 3 tickets
will be pulled at random. +3 Inches - +2 Inches +1 Inch to your slam total.
23. Danco Photo Challenge – Danco has provided each team with a pair of pliers.
Throughout the tournament post fish dehooking photos with the pair of Danco pliers on
a. Tag @Danco_pliers & @FLFTournaments
b. Best Photo Receives a $200 Danco Gift Card.
24. Live White Bait near Hula Bay
a. If you are looking to buy white bait, where is a bait barge that hangs out buy Hula
Bay. He will be there in the morning and will have plenty of white bait for $25
per Scoop. Just tell him you are in the Collab Tournament.
25. The Honor System applies!!
a. Remember this is a Charity Event!
26. If there should be any dispute of any kind the decision of the Tournament Director will be
27. It is up to the discretion of the registered angler to determine whether his or her craft (if
fishing from boat) is seaworthy for existing sea conditions. Participants are encouraged to
keep abreast of any marine or weather warnings.
28. All decisions of the tournament committee and weigh master are final.
Throughout the tournament, post photos on social media with #CollabSlam
Photo Submissions for Recap Video: Email BAMM at Clint@BammCC.com
If you have any questions throughout the tournament, please call.
We are happy to answer any of your questions!
Capt Jarrod ‘Jrod’ Wallach
Capt Janelle ‘JP’ Palm